Communication Skills and Goals Worksheet
Complete the following steps in the space provided below.
Step 1: Identify your communication skills and goals. Answer each of the prompts in the table below.
|Communication Skills and Goals|
|What are your current communication skills?
|How are these skills necessary to you as an individual?
|What are your future communication goals? State them in a specific and measurable manner.
|What methods will you apply to achieve these goals?|
Step 2: Have a close friend or family member create a list for you.
Talk to someone who knows you well and have this individual create a list of the following:
- Your communication skills, from their perspective
- Your communication strengths and weaknesses, from their perspective
- Recommendations for improving your communication skills
Step 3: Write a 450-word summary with three sections that compiles and synthesizes all of your steps.
- In Section 1, present your list of communication skills and goals. Use the prompts in Step 1 to help you write this section and provide a cohesive response.
- In Section 2, present the list of communication skills that your friend or family member created for you. Use the prompts in Step 2 to help you write this section and provide a cohesive response.
- In Section 3, create a newly revised list of communication goals, comprised of the goals from your original list and any recommendations from your friend or family member.
|Section 1: Communication skills and goals:
|Section 2: Your friend or family member’s list:
|Section 3: State your revised goals. Be specific and ensure they are measurable.