• Watch a television show—such as a sitcom or any reality show—
that depicts small groups, families, or teams. Take notes regarding the
interactions and communication dynamics depicted in the television
Write a 1,200 word paper in which you assess the interactions and
dynamics within the communication climate you observed. Describe the
following concepts: supportive and defensive communication climates,
confirming and disconfirming responses, cohesiveness, active listening, and
nonverbal dynamics. In addition to your assessment, answer the following
• What types of verbal and nonverbal dynamics came into play? Explain.
• What behavior indicated a supportive or defensive communication
• What types of confirming or disconfirming responses did you witness?
How did they contribute to the cohesiveness of the group?
• What types of barriers or indicators to effective listening occurred?
Why were they a barrier or indicator?
References: The text & at least two peer-reviewed articles.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.