RESEARCH PAPER ~ WRITING GUIDELINES
1. Please read what your textbook has to say about your topic and then continue your research. I have read the textbook. I don’t need to read it again in your paper.
2. Your textbook may not be used as a source.
3. You may read what Wikipedia has to say about your topic, but it may not be included as one of your FOUR sources
4. You need to have at least FOUR (4) sources for your research.
5. THREE (3) of the sources must be ACADEMIC BOOKS or JOURNALS.
6. The only acceptable encyclopedia articles are from the specialized sets for religion or mythology. The library has several good sets of encyclopedias that qualify.
7. The fourth source may be a web-site. The best web-sites are from academic institutions. Some official sites for a particular religion may offer reliable information.
DOCUMENTATION ~ See the librarian’s post
a. The paper must be properly documented with internal documentation.
b. Both paraphrases and direct quotes must be documented. Not to do so is considered plagiarism.
WORKS CITED PAGE
Follow MLA style (or another academic style)
Works listed on the work cited page MUST be cited in your paper. That is what “works cited” means.
QUALITY OF WRITING
Length: At least 2,500 words
Double space or space and half
Be sure to include your name on every page.