IT502 – Creating Web Sites
Assignment 3 – Usability Analysis
Below you are assigned a not-for-profit site and asked to perform a usability analysis.
Review the site and answer the following question:
- Is the URL user friendly? Why?
- Is the purpose of the site obvious? Write a paragraph describing your understanding of the site scope.
- Who is the audience for which the site is mainly focused on? Why?
- Is the site modern looking? If so what makes it so?
- How easy is it to navigate your way through the site? Draw a navigation path for at least two features and discuss the positives and negatives of how the site is organized.
- Ensure browser compatibility by testing in at least two browsers: discuss the differences if any between the two environments.
- Discuss the number and types of graphics used on the site? Do you think this is good or bad for a user with a dial-up connection?
- Does the site have any form of animation? What is its impact?
- Give at least two recommendations on how you would improve the site.