on Eduard Manet’s Olympia (1863).
Sometimes the artist’s agenda is political, satirical, or imitative, and sometimes the artist chooses this way to challenge established aesthetic values.
Choose a work of visual art, in this same spirit, that was created between 1870 and 1930, anywhere in the world, which resonates with you personally.
Write a 750- to 1,000-word paper discussing how you would transform this image to make a strong personal statement using one of the following contemporary visual arts media:
• Computer-based media
Include the following information about the original work of art:
• Explain the influence of new technologies (above) on the visual arts.
• The name and nationality of the artist
• The media that was used
• Title of the original art work
• The date it was created
• A full verbal description and visual analysis of the work
• The aesthetic movement it represents
• The message it was intended to communicate
Include the following:
• Describe in detail the work you would create
• How you would create it
• The media, process, and materials you would use
• What your work would look like
• The message it would communicate
• Where it would be displayed
• Who would see it
• Explain fully how the message you intend relates to the message that was intended by the original artist.