Please read carefully and go with the guidelines:
- IMPORTANT: The movies have to be WATCHED by the writer in order to write the essay. You can choose a writer who has already seen the chosen movies.
- For the assignment I am looking for content, critical analysis, incorporation of course material and presentation. The responses should all be in essay form with intro, body and conclusion.
- IMPORTANT: Please please make sure your discussions include specific EXAMPLES from the films selected.
- All of your responses should take into account not only the films’ use of narrative & character, but also film language: ie. Camera work, lighting, editing, costume, music, sound effects, and anything else that you notice in the way of cinematic techniques. You are not expected to provide a sophisticated film analysis, but you should be thinking about and including in your discussion those obvious elements of film technique that enhance the film’s narrative and message.
- PLEASE look at this table below to better choose your options and movies.
|An Artist’s Bio
Vincent & Theo (1990) Frida (2002)
Eagle vs. Shark (2007) My Beautiful Laundrette (1985)
Manny & Lo (1996) Thelma & Louise (1991)
|The Spies Who Loved Me||
The Quiet American (2002) The Spy Who Came In From the Cold (1965)
Running on Empty (1988) Dogfight (1991)
|Living with Death||
Last Orders (2001) Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005)