In your Management Analysis Project you will select and research an industry of interest and a specific company or organization of interest within that industry. Then, applying the ideas that you have learned in this course, write one analytical paper that demonstrates your skills and provides a foundation for future study in arts, entertainment and media management.
Part I: Industry Overview – 2 pages
Choose an industry or field of interest that you would like to study in depth and that relates to this AEMM class and/or your major. (My Industry is retail Management)
1. What outer forces/macro environment factors (culture and society, economics and finance, law and politics, and science, technology) have the greatest impact on this industry currently and what changes are predicted over the next few years?
2. Is the audience or market for (the products made or services provided by) this industry growing or shrinking?
3. Provide a profile of the industry you have selected, using specific examples: industry size presented with specifics as to annual economic/dollar size of industry, number of and who major competitive players are and what percent of the industry they control, target market segments, and influential people/critics.
4. Use articles and reports with data about the industry, the largest companies and organizations, and the most influential managers, regulators, and/or critics.
Part II: Company Analysis – 2 page (GUCCI IS THE COMPANY YOU WILL BE WRITING ABOUT.)
This focuses on the company or organization selected.
1. What generic strategy is this company pursuing (i.e., Porter’s model)?
2. How does it distinguish itself from its competitors (distinct competency/competitive advantage)?
3. What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing this company (i.e., do a SWOT Analysis)?
4. Include your observations about the management and products or services of this company.
5. Develop a profile of the company (size, financial performance, key competitors)
6. Use articles and reports about the company, its leaders, and products or services to include in your folder.
Part III: Strategic Recommendations – 1 page
This will include
Two recommendations for the company’s management including one practical recommendation and one wild, out-of-the-box, high-risk idea.
1. If you were a consultant, what ideas would you offer to this company?
2. What opportunities for new strategies, management, markets, products, or partnerships — might be most promising?
3. Use the research you have collected to describe your ideas and explain how they might benefit the company. (One hint: look at other industries or companies to see what new ideas they are trying and think about whether those ideas might be transplanted or revised to benefit your company.)
Using the 4 resource articles and other research you have compiled, prepare a five-page typewritten, double-spaced paper. These articles must accompany your paper when turned in use a folder to hold articles and paper. Folder with 6 resource articles and your five-page paper is due Week 11, November 17th. Make sure your reference all sources used in all parts of this project.
I NEED ALL THE COPIES OF ARTICLE THAT YOU USED ON THE PAPER. THANK YOU!!