Imagine that you own a small business that sells a product of your choice. Recently you have decided that you would like to start exporting your product to a country of your choice. Use the Internet to locate current brands that are also being exported to the chosen country.
Go to the United States of America Department of Commerce’s Website, located at http://www.buyusainfo.net/adsearch.cfm?search_type=int&loadnav=no. Then, select your country in the drop-down menu titled “country”. Do not change any other field. Then, click “Go”. Click on the PDF file in listed under “Country Commercial Guide”. Use this document to gather information for this assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Briefly describe the country that you have selected using the facts from the Country Commercial Guide. Explain why you decided to export to that country. Support your decision to export to that country with facts from the Country Commercial Guide.
2. Determine aspects of your business’ product that you may have to change in order to accommodate the selected foreign country’s needs (packaging, advertising, etc.).
3. Create a plan that identifies emerging markets that you would like for your business to enter into over time.
4. Determine the services that you will need to have in place to keep your business’ international customers satisfied. Note: The services can range from special transportation to special security or Internet services.
5. Determine where you will have the locus of decision making for the service center.
6. Assess all forms of foreign investment and determine the best option for long-term growth.
7. Determine the current brands exporting to the chosen country. Develop a brand name for the selected product that is unique to the chosen country and explain your rationale behind the brand name.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.