Course Text: Introduction to Early Childhood Education: Equity and Inclusion
o Chapter 14, Moving Forward as Professionals Shaping the Field and Future(pp. 425 430 and 442 448)
o Chapter 7, Understanding Professional Pathways (pp. 192 194)
* Website: Advocacy for Inclusion
* Website: PBS Parents: Inclusive Communities
* Website: Natural Environments and Inclusion
* Website: SpecialQuest BirthFive
* Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2 3 paragraphs in length.
* Use Microsoft® Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all 3 questions in one Word document.
* Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see to which question you are responding.
1. NAEYCs (2000) Vision for Excellence identifies the following as one of its critical goals:
All children have access to a safe and accessible, high quality early childhood education that includes a developmentally appropriate curriculum, knowledgeable and well-trained program staff and educators, comprehensive services that support their health, nutrition, and social well-being, in an environment that respects and supports diversity.
How can high quality inclusive preschool services help attain this critical goal?
2. Pages 442 445 of the course text outline innovative national programs that support inclusion, support children and families who are culturally and linguistically diverse, and provide early identification and support. Select one of the programs profiled, and, in your own words, describe how the services provided support high-quality, inclusive education.
3. Based on pages 446 448 of the course text, explain how high-quality inclusive programs support universal options for all children.