Answer questions with strong defensible answers that identify the key elements of each question. Please number answers to coordinate with questions. Each should be 1-2 paragraphs.
First set of questions (1-5) based on James Welch’s Fool’s Crow
1. James Welch heavily relies on the Blackfoot oral tradition to tell his story. Give an example of how one of these oral narratiaves contributes to Welch’s story.
2. How do dreams help Fools Crow to find trugh and guidance. Give at least two examples.
3. Does Fools Crow’s tribe view intelligence as something that is intuitive or something that is learned. Explain.
Why, at the end of the novel is “everything as it should be”?
Based on Dee Brown’s Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee answer the following questions.
1. Why do you feel the Battle of Wounded Knee is not well known in American History?
2, What is teh advantage of Brown exposing this story from the perspective of different tribes?
3. Do you feel that this book could have been presented under a different writing stype? Why or whynot?
5. What effect do the portraits,songs, and quotes that Brown places throughout the novel have upon it? Do they serve to strengthen or weaken the novel? Why?